Overhead lifts and floor lifts help healthcare providers and caregivers transfer patients to and from beds, in the bathroom and anywhere else that requires lifting of an individual. They ease the process of lifting while protecting the health and safety of both the person being lifted and the caregiver performing the lift.
Your local MEDIchair store will help you determine the best solution, provide product training for both client and caregiver, and, if necessary, can provide installation services as well.
- A newer and safer method of transferring patients than floor lifts
- Uses a series of ceiling tracks and an electric lift motor to lift and transfer a patient to various locations
- Caregiver guides the patient along the track rather than
- pushing them with a lift along the floor
- Movement can also be power assisted, allowing for independent operation by some individuals
A MEDIchair home medical equipment specialist can help determine the best solution, whether permanent or temporary, for your living space and budget.
Stand-up Lift - Floor Lifts
An efficient way of transferring an individual from a wheelchair or powerchair to a toilet, bed or change table
Two types of floor lift systems:
- Stand-up lift is simpler and more efficient, but requires that the patient be able to support his/her own weight for a short period
- Sling ft is more complex and time consuming but requires no weight-bearing ability from the individual
Must be used in conjunction with at least one caregiver.